Wednesday, May 09, 2007

THE APOTHEOSIS OF PSR

That’d be “primitive sh** rock”, as discussed in this forum here and documented in amazing, glorious detail here. Well, my favorite PSR song of all time needs a fair hearing, too. This nasty, downer of a 60s garage track from THE MODDS came out on “American National Records”, but I’m a little unclear as to what date it came out – I’m guessing ’66. All you can hear is the scarily fuzzed-out guitar; slurred, I’ve-just-been-dosed vocals, and what appear to be maracas shakin’ in the background, but legend has it there’s actually an entire band lost in the murk there somewhere. What a friggin’ masterpiece. Deservedly resurrected by the CHEATER SLICKS on their “Whiskey” LP in 1991.

Play or Download THE MODDS – “Leave My House”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was one of the Modds. Full band is on the recording. Made in Poplar Bluff mo.1965. The Band: Steve Simone lead guitar, John George rhythm guitar, Eddie Simone bass, Steve Ellis drums. All high School students in PBHS. I still have three autographed copies of this record if anyone is interested. John George